As new clients make the transition to paperless processing, we know that many questions may arise. We’re here to help make this change as smooth as possible and are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Below are the answers to some of the most common questions new clients ask us here at DataServ.
1) What is the current industry thinking on electronic invoicing? For several years now, the prevailing thinking was that we should all be working with all vendors to get all invoices in electronically. While this sounded good, many companies that have pushed this strategy as far as possible have found that the support for all of the variety of different formats, file types, upload procedures, etc., has become very cumbersome, difficult to keep up with and expensive.
2) What is the easiest, most painless way to transition my current paper and email invoices to the new automated DataServ system? DataServ provides all of the tools necessary to notify your vendors and communicate the change to them. We receive invoices electronically via Email or Fax and set up a dedicated post office box for your paper invoices. As part of our solution, we include a Rapid Adoption KitTM with assistance from our project team to make the transition as seamless and painless as possible!
3) Why do I have to log on to a different system? DataServ provides additional controls that ensure that access to records is controlled appropriately and that requires authentication. That authentication typically involves a log on. DataServ can support single sign on capabilities to eliminate the second password entry.
4) How can I avoid multiple clicks/links to get to the documents I need? If you consistently use the same query, make it your default query and it will automatically open when you access DataServ via the 'Do My Work' button. To set a default query:
- On the 'My DataServ' page, click the 'Manage My Profile' button
- Select 'Self Service'
- Click the down arrow next to the 'Default Query' field that appears and click on the query you want as your default
- Click the 'Submit' button at the bottom of the page; you'll see a confirmation that your profile is updated
- Click the 'Logout' button to return to the 'My DataServ' page
The next time you log in to DataServ, your default query will be activated.
5) How do I stay in the same place in a query results list when I open a document? Hold the 'Shift' key when you click the 'Open' link to view a document. The document will open in a new browser window which you can close when you're finished viewing it. The Query Results List will remain at the same location.
6) Does DataServ have a wildcard for running queries? Use the * symbol as a wildcard for DataServ searches.
- It replaces numbers and letters
- Can be used anywhere in an index and used multiple times
- One * can replace multiple characters
Note: * does not work in date fields
7) How do I get support? DataServ Client Support is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week. If at any time you have a question or issue for DataServ Support please contact us so we can provide a solution to your problem in a timely manner.
Whether you are new to DataServ or just considering a SaaS document and process automation solution, our team is here to help. We’d love to answer any questions you may have regarding DataServ or just SaaS in general. What are your other questions or concerns?